That’s right, Love Island is back on our TV screens! So we must prepare ourselves to be bombarded with “perfect-looking” women all with plump booties and boobs as big as the ego of the male contestants. For girls who don’t have astonishingly flat stomachs or supermodel-long legs, it can be hard to watch and not feel completely shit about your own body.
After all, Love Island and many “reality” TV shows continue to perpetrate the ideal beauty standard – described above. But it’s important to remember this isn’t reality! Most of the girls and guys on Love Island have had countless plastic surgeries and gone on insane diet plans to get themselves ready for the show. They are basically representatives of what one percent of people in our society looks like. Yet Love Island has a large audience who believe that’s the way they should look – especially if they want to find a partner!
And from what it seems Love Island will not be including any “body positive” contestants any time soon as they only cast “attractive people”. Because remember, fat people cannot be attractive or sexy!
With Love Island refusing to diversify their contestant pool, here are ten body positive quotes to help you embrace your body while watching the show:
- “Females are like the most beautiful, gorgeous creatures in the world. I think that we’re gorgeous no matter what size we are.” – Alicia Keys.
- “Even though it will never be flat again, my stomach’s still my favorite because it reminds me of my greatest achievement: my babies.” – Isla Fisher.
- “I am more than my measurements… My body is MY body. I’ll call the shots.” – Ashley Graham.
- “It’s all about accepting yourself the way you are. If you want to work towards a better you in whatever regards… do it. But you’re okay just the way you are today,” – Tess Holliday.
- “Speak to your body in a loving way. It’s the only one you’ve got, it’s your home, and it deserves your respect.” – Iskra Lawerence.
- “For the first time, I don’t want to get rid of the curves… My body is comfortable, and it’s not unhealthy, so I’m going to rock with it.” – Rihanna.
- “I’ve learned that if you’re too skinny, they’ll say something about it. If you’re not skinny enough, they’ll say something about it. I just try to feel good in my own skin as much as I can.” – Jennifer Love Hewitt.
- “I am allowed to look sexy, feel sexy, and be in love. I am worthy of all those things. And so are you.” – Mary Lambert.
- “You don’t need to buy into any lifestyle besides your own and what best fits your body,” – Gina Rodriguez.
- “You have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise Hay.
What quote do you live by?