As you may know, I often make money through a variety of means with this space. Let me break down those for you, so you can have a better understanding of when I’m being paid and what for…
- Sponsored Blog Posts – These will always be declared with ‘AD’ in the title and then a sentence at the beginning declaring the partnership.
- Sponsored Social Media Posts – Where I have been paid to promote something, I will always mark it with [AD] at the beginning of the caption, tweet or post.
- Gifted Items/Experiences/Trips – Whether in blog or social media post form, it will always be marked as [Gifted item/experience/trip] to comply with ASA regulations but also to denote the nature of the collaboration.
- Previous Brand Relationships – In this case, if I have worked with a brand on previous but not current content I will inform you of the previous collaboration if it took place within a year.
- Affiliate Links – I will declare whether there are affiliate links within a post, either within the title or the first sentence on my blog, or by using [Aff] on Instagram Stories. I will then mark individual links with [Aff] on my blog so you know that you’re about to click one. Affiliate links do not cost you money. They just kick back a few pennies to me and can be a great way to support creators!
If you have any more questions on how I earn money and how it affects you, please feel free to email me.